Conted PA virions in tissue. I’m glad we are finding some, both in the original cut sections and the re-sections! See Roslyn’s blog for the stats! Next week, I will re-section a bunch of blocks from animal 73 and a couple new ones, and re-section a handful of blocks, but mostly hot blocks I did not section before for 74, to see if we can find some more!
Here are the results of the luciferase assay I ran on two plates of Ed’s viruses:
TZM-bls Plate 1
NL43 Delta Env. D64V PAGFP vpr 8/28/19 EJA380 A Harvest
NL43 Delta Env. D64V PAGFP vpr 8/28/19 EJA380 B Harvest
NL43 Delta Env. D64V PAGFP vpr 8/28/19 EJA380 C Harvest
NL43 Delta Env. D64V PAGFP vpr 8/28/19 EJA380 MEDIA CHANGE
CH040 mCherry vpr 8/28/19 EJA381 A Harvest
CH040 mCherry vpr 8/28/19 EJA381 B Harvest
CH040 mCherry vpr 8/28/19 EJA381 C Harvest
CH040 mCherry vpr 8/28/19 EJA381 MEDIA CHANGE
CAP45 MCHERRY-VPR 9/5/19 EJA382 A Harvest
CAP45 MCHERRY-VPR 9/5/19 EJA382 B Harvest
CAP45 MCHERRY-VPR 9/5/19 EJA382 MEDIA CHANGE
None of the viruses had luminescence values much more than the cells only negative controls. Here is the graph without the positive control:
TZM-bls – Plate 2
CH040 mCherry vpr 9/18/19 EJA383 A Harvest
CH040 mCherry vpr 9/18/19 EJA383 B Harvest
CH040 mCherry vpr 9/18/19 EJA383 C Harvest
CH040 mCherry vpr 9/18/19 EJA383 MEDIA CHANGE
CONC. R9BAL CHERRY VPR 12/12/18 EJA343 M HARVEST – 5uL
CONC. R9BAL CHERRY VPR 12/12/18 EJA343 M HARVEST – 1uL
The CONC. R9 BaL EJA343 with 5uL in the first well had values much higher than the cells only negative control, but most of the other virions did not. Here is the graph without the positive control:
There is a lab interested in working in our BSL2*, so I have been talking to Mike about planning to train a member of their lab in proper and safe use of the space.
Safe Campus Online Course
Completed the myHR Learn: Safe Campus Online Course. They released a video about this topic earlier this year, and now they have created a course around the information contained therein. It was surprisingly informative.
We have reached a point where we have 20 grants that we can order supplies from, and lab members that are supported by multiple grants. To streamline the ordering process, I decided to have people begin putting the grant ID numbers onto their orders. To make this as easy as possible, I went into Quartzy, deleted all of the older grants, and put in all of the new ones with a brief identifier. I then e-mailed the lab the list of grants, so they can determine which one(s) to use. It will now be required for every Quartzy order request to contain the Grant ID and price of the item. General Lab Supplies will be labeled as such, and I will charge them on a rotating list of grants.
Placed new and processed incoming orders.